We know it very well that once settled at the peaceful
paradise of Cave Canem it is very difficult to get any guest to leave the grounds to see more of this beautiful Island .
However tempting is to stay put , its imperative to visit more sites , taste a bit of rum , swim in a waterfall , 'reason ' with locals , walk on Fort Charles Beach , shop in Black River market , have a dinner at Jake's , watch a Polo match , listen to a live Reggae concert, play domino with locals at the Pelican Bar sipping a red stripe....
- Visit YS Falls , only a 40 minutes drive from TB , there you can jump into the water from ropes , learn how to descend over the waterfalls attached to zip wires high above the jungle or just enjoy the wonderful sites.
- Visit the Pelican Bar on the reef by boat and continue over Black River for a crocodile spotting safari
- Visit Appleton Rum Factory and taste many types of rum and see how it is made
- See Lovers Leap drop and ear about the legend behind the name
- Visit roaring underground river and its 30 mile long caves
- Visit Negril for a day and the famous miles long beach
- Join the farmer's dinner organised by Jake's
- Have a picnic on Fort Charles miles long beach , go by car or by boat
- Play golf in Mandeville, Negril or Montego Bay
-Rent a kayak to explore the sea
- Rent a mountain bike and explore Treasure Beach area.
- Take a historical tour of Black River
Music is ever present in Jamaica and although Treasure Beach is quieter than the rest of the Island you can always find some reggae playing just around the corner or local musicians jamming together .
Just ask Reagan , our caretaker and he will be happy to show you around the area and will probably teach you some dance moves .
If you are looking for a larger events the main two music Reggae events of the year in Jamaica are :
Reggae Sumfest in July - Montego Bay http://www.ticketleap.com/events/reggae-sumfest-2012/
Rebel Salute in January - for more info go to http://www.rebelsaluteprod.com/
So you still do not fancy living the serenity of the peaceful grounds of Cave Canem , no problems , we can deliver services to you :
Fancy a professional massage , pedicure or manicure on the privacy of the villa ?
Simone will come to the house if you wish to have an in-house service. Trained by Jakes she now operates her own business and is a very accomplished masseuse with a number of treatments available a brochure is in the house. She can be contacted at 877-7684
Would you like to hire a band or a musician for a special evening at Cave Canem : just enquiry with us we will organise it for you , from a 3 people professional band to local drummers many options are available .
What about a bonfire on the beach with drinks and marshmellows ? Reagan our caretaker will be happy to organize that for you . You can also have the outdoor charcoal grill to have a barbecue close to the bonfire .